Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Gray is the new black

It's no surprise that black is my favorite color.  It is the most flattering to wear, does a great job of hiding any unsightly bulges, goes with everything and is very slimming.  What other color in the rainbow can claim all of those qualities?  Not many, if any.

In my effort to not wear all black, all the time, I now have a new addiction. It's gray.  I am not sure why its taken me this long to develop a problem, but lo & behold, I am in Trouble (with a capital "T").  I keep running into stores to get the kids stuff, or Jeff clothes he needs replaced and the next you thing you know, I am magnetically pulled towards all the gray clothing on the women's racks.  It's crazy, but I have somehow justified the need for each new gray sweater/top I now own.

I don't know if any of my friends or family have noticed my gray obsession.  Do they realize I am actually wearing different clothing each time they see me, or do they think I only wear the same gray top over and over again? 

There are some differences in the clothing - one sweater has short sleeves, one is more like a robe/coat-type sweater, one is a tunic to wear with leggings (well, actually 2 are tunics to wear with leggings), then I have a traditional sweater I'd wear with jeans.  There is also a short sleeve/lightweight top, a very long turtleneck sweater that only has a button on top, and oh yeah, a sweater with a built-in scarf that has some silvery-strands running through it.  And everything is gray!  Oh my!  This is crazy, right?

I am going with the theory that admitting it is half the problem.  In my defense, I didn't purchase all of the above this year alone.  It has been a work in progress over the past year or two.  It's only been this past week when I get dressed each morning, that I realize how bad my problem has gotten.

I love the color gray!  It's close to black, but it isn't.  It has so many of the fabulous qualities the color black has, but its like an updated version of the color.  I find you can't go wrong-- even wearing it 7 days a week.  And because I wear the same color each day of the week, Jeff hopefully doesn't realize just how extensive my gray wardrobe has become.

2 comments:

  1. Gray is a terrific neutral - it goes with everything (much like black!): red, purple, blue, white, cream, pink, black, and even camel/taupe (but NOT brown, or green either).

    More power to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so with you on this one. My favorite shirt I own is gray and I never realized it till you posted this but all the sweaters I picked for my x-mas wish list are gray.

    ReplyDelete