Pages

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Out of control!

Upon our return to town, I was feeling very overwhelmed.  The world was still moving and I was playing catch-up big-time from being gone for 12 days, plus another 2 days away again just 48 hours later.  It didn't help any that coming back from FL, I had a double eye-infection and a raging sore throat that needed to have medical attention.  Each appointment with the doctors resulted in two more prescriptions getting filled and made my to-do list even longer. I seriously felt like I was drowning and all the while, my eating was getting more and more out of control.

Oprah and I have so much in common.  Who knew?   Her constant battle with weight is a very public one and mine is confined to the East coast, but still it is a never ending source of stress and frustration.  I've had enough and decided that I am going back to Weight Watchers.  I feel sick to my stomach that I've lost all the momentum I had going prior to my sister's wedding in October '09.  Back then I was super excited that I only had 14 pounds to go to get to my goal weight.  Now I am looking at 35.
I've had enough and I am doing something about it once and for all, or in this case again.  Weight Watchers recently revamped their program and my motivation is at an all-time high.  I can do this!  I am going to do this!!  The only solace I have is that each time I go back to Weight Watchers, the number of pounds I need to lose is less than the previous time on the program.  So while I am doing a horrible job of keeping all the weight off, I am still managing to never get back to as big as I once was.

I have two fellow preschool moms going through the journey with me. Originally we were going to do Tuesdays as our weigh-in/meeting day, but moved it to Thursday when it was a better day for one of the moms.   I still joined on the original Tuesday and got started right away (that's how motivated I am!), but now officially go on Thursdays.  There is strength in numbers and it is wonderful having support.  One of the women I am doing this with is currently doing chemo (after having had a mastectomy for breast cancer).  I get so much inspiration from her.  With everything she is dealing with, she is also adding following WW to her daily routine.  It sort of puts it all in perspective for me.

It's funny, because once I signed up and started to religiously track, count points, and control what I was eating, I felt so much better.  No longer did my to-do list seem so overwhelming.  No longer did I feel like I was drowning try to get it all done.  And this sense of accomplishment made me attack the rest of the list with vigor.

It also helped that Sam was sick for 3 days and forced us to stay indoors.  I was able to get the bathrooms cleaned, floor vacuumed, address, stamp & put our holiday cards in the mail, do laundry, and catch-up on my blog writing.  Oh yeah, and sometime during my trip I lost my credit card and had it replaced.  So I had to call 8 or 9 companies that have the card number on file for automatic billing each month.  Found a new pediatric dentist for the kids to go to, got their records sent from their old dentist (as of 1/1/11, they will no longer take our dental insurance), called Verizon and got a 3 month free promotion on HBO just in time for "Big Love" to start and negotiated a better rate on our Washington Post subscription. And I updated the kids' photobooks to be current.  Oy! It was a very busy 3 days.  But mission accomplished and I am caught up.  Tired and in need of another vacation, but caught-up!

1 comment:

  1. girl....i'm tired just reading about all you've done :)
    btw....you are gonna get back to that goal weight! all you needed was the motivation....nothing can stop you now!!!!

    ReplyDelete