Pages

Friday, December 10, 2010

Travelling with the Toppall's continues

While I rated our trip a 9 (on a scale from 1 to 10), I think the Florida crew would rate it a 9 too.  I am deducting the 1 point for the effect Sam had on the family.  She is now known as "Typhoid Sam".  At some point during the trip, Sam developed a cold/cough and one by one, took out a huge portion of the  family.  It wasn't until we were all back together for one last night (a pre-Hanukkah party at my Dad's house), that everyone saw they weren't the only one not feeling well. 

Meanwhile, Sam managed to get sick, get over the cold and be healthy again by the time we flew home.  In her wake, the number of sore throats, colds and coughs grew exponentially.  Ah, good times.  This will be a visit no one will soon forget.

Jeff and I timed this perfectly.  Just as Sam was getting sick, we took off for Mexico. We had planned to take advantage of the opportunity being in FL and left the kids in the excellent care of my family.   Jeff and I spent 3 nights at an all-inclusive resort.  It was wonderful. And if it is possible to do less-than-nothing, than that was us excelling at it.  Getting 10 hours of sleep a night and laying on the beach/pool during the day was a recipe for a very well-relaxed, much needed break.  

Stay tuned for Travelling with the Toppall's: Wrap-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment