Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Crazy in love

If given a choice between being with Matt Damon or spending a completely ordinary day with my husband doing nothing extra special, I would without hesitation choose Jeff (husband).

Yes, I know this seems like an easy way to answer given that my chances of actually getting to meet Matt Damon (let alone spend the day with him) are a gazillion to one, but let me explain.

I fall in love with Jeff more each day with just the little things he does.  It can be a look, or asking if he can make me lunch, or a funny remark about he much he wants me (when I am feeling like something the cat dragged in).   Calls at least once in the middle of the day to see how I am doing and at dinner, always asks how my day was.

Jeff gets me.  He makes me laugh.  He drives me crazy.  He takes planning and carrying out the details to a whole new level, that I've actually gotten more laid back.  He is smart, brilliant actually.  Ok, maybe not with gadgets and how to work them, but I can ask him anything about current events and he can explain to me what is going on in the world in a way that I can understand it and almost care about it.  And, he doesn't make me feel stupid in the least for not knowing what is going on.

Jeff is one of the best people I know and is the first to help out a friend in need and do whatever is necessary. He is quick to donate and support co-workers, friends, and me.  He backs me up 110% in all my crazy ideas and encourages me every step of the way.

 
Furthermore, Jeff warms up to my ideas a lot faster these days. Either he has thrown in the towel or trusts that I know what I am doing when I come up with some new plan.  We work great as a team and can face anything together.

I love my husband so much and can't think of a better best friend to spend the rest of my life with.  We've had 7 Valentine's days together and I look forward to spending them together when we are 77.


Sorry Charlie, my heart is
already taken.
 So if Matt Damon rang my door bell today and said he was mine, all mine for Valentine's day, I'd have to turn him away and say I've already got the best Valentine there is.




2 comments: