Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

Weight Watchers - Month 2 (Chugging along)

So it's been another month of following the program.  I'd like to blame so many things for my lack of progress in losing weight, namely: lack of sleep, being extra grumpy during the day, dealing with a miserable little girl 90% of the time, and generally having my defenses down.  Grabbing food that does nothing for you health-wise but gives you a sweet instant gratification immediately is what did me in this past month.  When it comes right down to it, there are no excuses that make it ok.  It was all me.  No one put a gun to my head and made me eat the countless Hershey kisses and mini tootsie rolls.  To my stepmother Rita, please stop sending the kids candy.  I try to limit the amount of candy they eat, but can't seem to do the same for me.

Fortunately my exercise has been stellar and I am proud of how I managed to stick to the running training schedule no matter how tired I was. And believe me, there were plenty of nights where I only got 3 hours or less of sleep. I credit the exercise from me gaining even more weight than I did this past week.

Here are the numbers:

Started out with wanting to lose:  36.4 lbs

# of pounds already lost:  3.4 lbs

Week 5 - lost 2.6 lbs
Week 6 - lost .4 lbs
Week 7 - did not weigh-in due to snow and center being closed
Week 8 - gained 1.2 lbs

Lost this month:  1.8 lbs

TOTAL WEIGHT LOST TO DATE:  5.2 lbs

Total left to lose:  31.2 lbs

So there you have it.  I really enjoy the Weight Watcher meetings.  Each Thursday, no matter how good or bad I did that week, I leave there with a renewed sense of enthusiasm and the feeling that a brand new week will make everything better.  That's where I am at right now.  So what I gained 1.2 lbs this week?  I am back on track and ready to tackle all those challenges again head-on.   I am in this for the long haul and will keep chugging along.

No comments:

Post a Comment