Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Haircut now, please!

My dream haircut for Ian is pictured here on the left.  I would love for his hair to be like Hugh Grant's.  Full on top, and cut close & short on the sides and bottom.  You know, something you can run your fingers through....something that can be styled or at the very least, require a comb.

Ian, however, has very different plans for his head and the first words out of his mouth every 6 weeks in Abby's chair at Cartoon Cuts (the best child's hair cutter EVER) is "Buzz cut, please."

So I try to push the time in between visits, hoping Ian's hair would grow fast and get past this point of major awkwardness....the cowlick.  OMG!  Ian's cowlicks have cowlicks of their own.  His head is one hot mess.  I've counted no less than 4 cowlicks.  Ian not only has a cowlick on each side of the front part of his forehead where his hair line starts, but he also has a DOUBLE cowlick going on in the back.  It literally starts on the side and wraps itself completely around his head. 

My days of dreaming that Ian can have a really cool hair style is coming to an end.  The other morning Ian was pleading with me to take him to Cartoon Cuts.  He had this sort of "Flock of Seagulls" 'do going on...very unintentionally I might add.  I figured we had maybe another 2 months to go and possibly one of the cowlicks might have been under control from the weight of his hair.  I was trying to put off the hair cut for as long as possible. This particular morning I was walking out of my Weight Watchers meeting and speaking to a fellow member who noticed Ian's hair and was commenting that her son has the same cowlick issues Ian has.  Then Ian and I went to Golden Nails where I get my eyebrows waxed.  There really is no place that I won't take my son with me.  He is going to make a FANTASTIC husband one day.  :)  It had been several months since he had gone with me and as the Korean lady was doing her thing, she took one look at Ian and said, "Wow, he has A LOT of hair."  Even she couldn't believe what was going on with Ian's head. 

The last thing I want is for Ian to be made fun of.  Buzz cut it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment