Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The PLAN!

After much consideration, I decided changes needed to be made.  Waiting for Samantha to stop throwing temper tantrums and meltdowns at the drop of a hat was going to take an indefinite amount of time, waiting for her to outgrow this behavior.  Time is something I don't have on my side, as my patience wears thinner each day.

In an effort to keep us all getting along, I am going to implement the following:

Starting Wednesday, March 16th - Sam will attend preschool an additional day each week.  Her schedule will be Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays from 9:30am to 1:30pm.

One afternoon a week, I am going to have a high school student come babysit and work with Sam.   This will be for just a couple of hours, but will give me a break and give Sam someone new to be around.  She behaves amazingly well around everyone but me (and sometimes Jeff). 

Jeff and I are going to take the parenting class:  "Managing Tantrums and Whining" by Dr. Renee Hackney.  It is a 2 hour session on April 14th.  I think getting a new perspective will do a world of good.

I am hopeful that little by little, Sam changes her ways and I do too.  Somewhere we can meet in the middle and start having fun again.

1 comment:

  1. I hope this helps and you get some time without tantrums. It's so hard - but you'll get there. You are doing some great things!

    ReplyDelete