Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Weight Watchers - Month 3 (Humming along nicely)

I can't complain; this has been a good month following the program.  I think I've gotten into a good groove and I am happy with each week's loss.  The WW experts say you should lose between 1/2 lb to 2 lbs weekly.  If you average the 12 weeks I've been on the program by the almost 10 lbs I've lost, I am following this formula nicely. My pattern seems to be each month there is a week I show a gain.  I am okay with this, as this is the way life goes and it's not all going to be a downward slope each week.  I am only human and will make some big-time mistakes in my food choices from time to time.  The victory comes not in the numbers on the scale, but the ability to get back on track and not keep the gain going.

Here are the numbers:
Started out with wanting to lose:  36.4 lbs

# of pounds already lost:  5.2 lbs

Week 9 -   lost 2.6 lbs
Week 10 - lost .6 lbs
Week 11 - gained 1.6 lbs (um, hello trip to Hershey!)
Week 12 - lost 3 lbs

Lost this month:  4.6 lbs

TOTAL WEIGHT LOST TO DATE:  9.8 lbs

Total left to lose:   26.6 lbs
80 lbs lighter, what an inspiration!  You go girl!

I can't help but start calculating when I could actually hit my goal weight. If I lose just 4 lbs a month, I could be jumping for joy and doing a happy dance as early as September.  Wowee!!  This keeps me motivated to not plan a return trip to Hershey to make my own candy bar again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment