Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

A twofer!

I am making progress!  I made it in to Ian's kindergarten class twice during the week of March 15th to help.  This is HUGE! 

I've come to find out that I am not crazy.  There is an exclusive little group, headed by the co-room moms to keep other moms out.  I was not imagining it.  No sireee bob!  I can't explain how I found this out, but I know for a fact that another mother feels the same way I do.  Ha! If two of us feel like this, then it has to be true, right?

However, I've broken through and feel victorious.  Here's how it went down:  One of the moms I am friends with and really like sent out an email asking if ANYONE would like to come to the library on Wednesday and help the kids write their wish lists for the book fair.  Hello!  I am ANYONE and immediately signed up.  I figured this was meant to be as it was Sam's first Wednesday to be attending school and I'd be flying solo.  And I am thinking the library job is not that popular as the co-room moms had nothing to do with this.

The opportunity to go inside the school walls again came the very next day. A while back, I had offered to make a treat for the class for one of the holidays they celebrate.  I was told that I'd be put on a waiting list.  Really?  Yes, this is what I am dealing with.  Finally my time came and I was able to provide the treat for the St. Patrick's day party.  Ian, Sam and I made the shamrock-shaped, green frosted cookies to bring to his class.  It took 3 times as long to make with all the extra help I had, but was well worth it.  Everyone really liked the cookies and I loved being in his class.  Watching Ian and all the other children brings a smile to my face.  They are just so cute. 

Now I just need to figure out how to get back in there again.  I've gotten a taste for it and I want more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment