Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

Getting our Summer groove on

Summer is underway.  Bring on the pool!  Bring on camp!  Bring on the fun summer activities! 

As the kids get older, each year it gets easier and easier to manage the pool on my own.  Don't get me wrong, I am still about 3 years away from sitting on the side of the pool ready to jump in at a moment's notice.  And a good 4 years away from being one of those moms who can sit on a lounge chair with her Kindle while the kids are swimming without me.  But, we are finally at a point where I am no longer a freak trying to keep an eyeball on each child.  Ian is showing remarkable progress in the pool and Sam is happy either playing on the steps, baby pool, or letting me hold her in the deeper water.  And when she is willing to wear her arm floaties, it is the best possible scenario for this age.

On Wednesday, we hit nirvana!  We met up with some friends at the pool at 4:00pm, ordered pizza to eat poolside and didn't make it back home till 6:30pm.  It was a great way to end a super hot day (record breaking temps - 99 degrees).  Any activity that the 3 of us can enjoy that doesn't require me yelling, lets me relax, love being around my mommy friends and oh yeah, the kids have a great time is a good thing.  A very good thing.

I hope to be doing this weekly and have discussed with the mommy friends taking it up a notch.  We are going to bring shampoo and pajamas.  By the time we leave the pool again at the end of the day, everyone will be showered and ready for bed.  Does it get any better?   I think not. 


Walking to the pool. 

This bathing suit was given as a gift.
It's the only one she'll wear now.

Watch out folks, he'll jump in, swim underwater,
come up for air, and use googles!

I've upgraded my wheels!  No more red wagon, now I am
equipped with this super-duper cart.

Bring on Summer, I think I am ready for ya!

1 comment: