Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Losing It

For the past 17 days, those around me know how consumed I've become over this potty training thing.  I am not going to bore you with the details on how challenging this has become, but I do want to give a public apology to one of the victims of my current mental state.  This public shout-out goes to my dad, Jeff Mazer. 

You see it was my dad's birthday yesterday and I completely forgot. In all my years, I've never forgotten a family member's birthday.  Never.  Ever.  It's unthinkable in my mind. In fact, for weeks ahead of the date, I will start thinking of the perfect present and make sure it is bought or ordered in enough time to receive it before the big day.  And on the first of each month, I'll make a trip to my local Hallmark store and stock up on all the greeting cards needed that month.  Neither happened this month. And to make matters worse, it took my dad calling me yesterday, surprised I hadn't called him yet to wish him a happy birthday.   Yeah, I was surprised too.  Surprised it was his birthday and very surprised I forgot.

Happy Birthday Dad!!  You showed me it is okay to think outside the box, bend the rules when necessary and to give it everything you've got.  I love you and wish you many more birthdays to come. 


The epitomy of cool.
I've got a chance to redeem myself on the 19th, when it is Father's day.  I've already got a great surprise planned for Jeff (husband).  Now I just need to pull something together for the other Jeff (my dad).  After all, he is 1/2 responsible for giving me life, and thus making me go crazy with this potty training thing.  Hmmm.  I wonder what wonderful thing I can find to say "Thank you" for all that?!?!?

Oy!  I need to regroup and get it together again.  I most definitely need a break.  But I am way too far into this to turn back now.  Just 13 days until the kids head down to FL.  Yes, 13 days.  We will soon be in single digits.  Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Getting consumed with your kids isn't a bad thing...be kinder to yourself. You'll get there. Trust me - no one knows about over consumption more than me :)

    ReplyDelete