Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The battle is painfully feeling like "the hundred years war"

I am not sure I am cut out for this.  Potty training Sam is doing me in.  We are now on day 11 and the light at the end of the tunnel is flickering off and on, mostly off.  I am exhausted at the end of each day and ready to crawl into a hole and stay there. 

When we are at home, we have success approx. 90% of the time, but once we leave these four walls, anything goes.  It is a painful process and I am either going to go gray, have pulled out all my hair or become an alcoholic by the time we are done.

Quite a few people have told me that obviously Sam is not ready yet and she should go back to diapers.  Really?  I don't believe this for a second.  Sam is ready. She knows what she needs to do.  She proved that to me on Sunday, June 5th when we had an entire day with no accidents.  I think she is so stubborn that she'd rather do things her way and that means not always going on the potty to try when I think we should (like right before leaving the house, or when we arrive somewhere new, or when its been a really long time since her last pee). 

I am not sure I can do this anymore.  I am putting up the white flag and waving it high.  I need a sign from Sam that she is willing to meet me 1/2 way.  This is so painful.  I refuse turn back and give in.  If this is a testament of wills, I can be just as headstrong.  Afterall, she is half me (although, if you ask Jeff, he'll say she is ALL me). 

I just need to take a deep breath and keep going.  Oh, and in the back of my head is my countdown.  18 days and the kids are headed down to Orlando (without me!).  18 days....I know I can do this.  Just got to keep reminding myself.

1 comment: