Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

An act of brotherly love

I don't know if anyone fully realizes how obsessed consumed I've become over getting Sam potty trained.  But it is taking over my every waking moment and at the end of the day, I am exhausted.  When your not sure if your little girl will tell you if she has to pee or is able to hold it, you can never let your guard down.  I am always on the look out for signs (crossing legs, strange expression on her face, etc) and of course there is the time on the clock.  Every 30 minutes, 45 minutes, now every hour, I am asking her if she has to go and getting her on the potty. 

Honestly, I don't even remember any of this with Ian.  With him, I felt like it was 6 messy days and then we were in the clear.  That's all I remember!  I am sure there were accidents beyond day 6, but I guess I've blocked that out of my head.  You have to forgive me on this one, Sam was only 2 weeks old when I potty trained Ian, so obviously sleep deprivation played a big part in my memory from that time period.

In the spirit of this is all I can think about; I give you a sweet scenario that happened in our house this morning.  Made me fall more in love with Ian than I even knew possible.

6:30am:  Ian wakes up and makes a beeline for the bathroom located directly across the hall from his room.

Sam sees Ian making his way to the bathroom and yells, "I'VE GOT TO PEEEEEEEE."

Ian, who at this point had his pajama bottoms and underwear down by his ankles, toilet seat lifted and very ready to go, hears Sam screams she has to pee and puts the seat back down, puts Sam's potty seat on top and pulls up his underwear and shorts.  And he did it with such lightening fast speed that I couldn't even get the words out, "Come Sam, we'll use the one downstairs."

Wow!  Even Ian is tuned in with what is going on and doing his part to help us have some potty training success.  Without a word spoken, Ian walked downstairs to use the toilet and left his bathroom ready to go for Sam to jump on.

No comments:

Post a Comment