Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Getting my groove back

Lately I've just not been feeling liking writing.  I love updating the blog and keeping an online diary of what life is like at the Toppall house, but for some reason I am just not feeling inspired.  Usually I don't lack material.  But every idea or topic I come up with is feeling more like work on getting my thoughts written, rather than the usual flows-quicker-than-a-3-year-old-playing-with-water-in-the-sink momentum I typically get. 

Jeff noticed that my blog hadn't been updated lately and asked what gives.  I told him I just wasn't feeling it and he promptly sent me an email with some ideas on what to write about.  While this particular blog wasn't on his list, I felt it necessary to explain the lack of presence in the recent week and to let you know I am back.

For what its worth, I've been in a bit of funk lately.  There is some high school-type drama bullshit going on around me that is utterly ridiculous.  People need to grow up and act their age.  There is a community that I love being a part of that is starting to go quite sour.  For the record, I would like to say I am a straight shooter. If I like you, you'll know it.  If I don't like you, I'm not going to bother with you.  Ever.  I am so torn between standing up for a cause (which can be done in varying levels from having an all-out verbal war, to leaving the community on principal and starting over somewhere else) to keeping my mouth shut, my opinions to myself (something new for me!) and letting all this blow over.  Either way, it has become a train wreck to watch and I am all too caught up in seeing what will happen next.  Oy!  I try to take the high road, but its hard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment