Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Yes, there is an app for that.

So I am very much enjoying the iphone 4s. I did something very cool with it in the car the other day and love, love, love all the technology.

During the month of December, you can pretty much guarantee I will have the radio on to 97.1 listening to the holiday music.  How can you not instantly be put in a good mood driving around listening to Christmas carols?  It's such a festive time of the year.  The only thing that would make it better is if there was a fresh layer of snow on the ground.

One of my most favorite Christmas songs is, "All I want for Christmas is you."  Ever since the movie, "Love Actually" came out in 2003, when I hear that song, I am transported back to the scene at the end of the movie when  Joanna sings the song and looks directly at the little boy playing the drums and makes his day.  One of my most favorite movies.

The kids and I were driving in the car and this song comes on the radio.  Only, it wasn't being sung by Maria Carey.  It was being done by a guy with a very sexy voice.  Who was that!?!?  Harry Connick, Jr?  Could be.  hmmmm.  So, I start the app, "SoundHound" and within 4 seconds, I have my answer.  It is Michael Buble.  Wow!  What a great remake.  Right below my answer on the phone's screen is a button to tap if I want to download it from iTunes.  Do I ever!   Within 1 minute, I have the entire song downloaded and the kids and I are already listening to it again in the car.  So incredibly cool that I was able to do that.

Now I wish there was an app for getting me to stop listening to it.  I can't seem to turn it off.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment