Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

No time to learn Japanese.

Most days I don't know if I am coming or going.  My desire to multi-task and cross things off my to-do list mostly has me feeling like a hamster on a wheel, not getting anywhere fast.

I was advised to get the book "Everyone Poops" and read it to Sam.  Not just once, but over and over again.  As soon as I heard this, I promptly got in the car and called Barnes & Noble (while I was headed in that direction) to see if they had the book in stock.  After being told they don't have it, but should expect a new shipment to arrive in a week, I quickly decided to order it from Amazon.  So much easier to get stuff online and have it come to you.  I actually thought about downloading it to my Kindle, but decided this was bad idea if there were cool pictures, colors or illustrations Sam would benefit from seeing.

Within 2 minutes, I had the book ordered and was very happy in my decision to not track it down somewhere in Fairfax.  Bookstores are actually getting to be far and few between where we live, and if Barnes and Noble didn't have it, then it was going to take a few phone calls to track it down, not to mention many miles to drive there.

The next day, I receive an email from the vendor who is fulfilling the order I placed on Amazon.

Dear Buyer,

This message is to confirm to you that the book you ordered is written in Japanese.   If this is not what you want, please let us know as soon as possible.

Thank you,
Chew's Books

Whoops!  Thankfully someone caught my mistake before it got sent out.  Way to go Chew's Books and Amazon.  I have enough issues getting Sam to poop, I certainly don't need to add translating Japanese to that list too.

No comments:

Post a Comment