Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Love you like a love song, baby

Sam has taken to pop music like a fish takes to water.  It's nice really, that we can both listen to the radio and it's grown-up music.  No more Wiggles CDs for us!

Sam has become obsessed with the song, "Love you like a love song" by Selena Gomez.  It's a catchy tune, I'll give you that.  But after listening to it at least 10 times a day, if not more, you become ready for something else.  Not Sam!  She has learned how to queue the song on my iPhone and her iPad. And she knows how to play it again and again and again. 

The other day, while driving in the car, Sam asked if she could play the song on my iPhone.  I said ok and handed her my phone.  She starts playing the song and within 1 minute, I realize all 3 of us are singing along.  And not quietly either!  Ian, Sam and I are belting out this tune like we are auditioning for American Idol. Without wanting it to happen, somewhere along the way, Ian and I have all the words memorized. 

Then Sam decides to add a dash of annoying to our fun sing-a-long and starts playing the song over again, after it gets about 1/2 way through playing.  I don't think Ian and I even realized what was happening.  But we'd start off singing, then she'd hit the play button again and we'd start singing the song over again.  We are so conditioned to hearing this song play, I am pretty sure we didn't realize what she was doing.  I know it took me about 10 minutes before I realized it. 

I sometimes go to sleep at night hearing this song play in my head.  Sam also likes Kelly Clarkson's music a lot too.  But it will take a pretty powerful new song to get "Love you like a love song" to become old news.

No comments:

Post a Comment