Pages

Sunday, May 27, 2012

This is the big-time, baby!

Since Ian was 5 years old, I told him every time we went to buy him sneakers, we were going to take the plunge and get shoes with laces.  No more going for what is the easiest for both of us and having velcro at your fingertips.  I figured the only was he going to learn how to tie his shoes is if he had to in order to wear them. 
It only took me 2 years to make good on my threat. The time finally came to buy shoes again and we didn't take the easy way out.  Score one for mommy!  We headed into Stride Rite and I told Ian he could pick any pair of sneakers he wanted, as long as they had laces.  To my surprise, Ian picked these sneakers in the photo.  Ian chose a pair of Nike's.  Wow!  How old school!  I remember wearing Nike's growing up.  With a big smile on my face, I said, "Yes!".

So Jeff is in charge of teaching Ian how to tie his shoes.  Jeff wanted to start right away, but Ian requested he hold off learning until the weekend.  At least we've got the shoes purchased, right?  Baby steps.  But these baby steps come in a size 12.5  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment