Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

Pet Peeve

Yes, I know this is very minor in the big scheme of things.  I get that.  And I realize that nothing will change, at all, by my writing this.  But I will feel much better writing and getting it out there.

First I must stress that whoever is reading this, IT IS NOT YOU who I am talking about.  Really!  I promise you that YOU are not at which my angst is intended.  I have a pretty good idea of who reads my blog (even if it is on a very sporadic basis) and these aren't the individuals that are guilty.

Ok, enough with the build-up.  What is my pet peeve, you ask?  I am frustrated when I write emails or send snail mail and I don't get any kind of reply.  Nada, zip, zilch, nothing.  No kind of acknowledgement in the least.  How do I even know it made it to its destination?  How do I know that you received it and read it? 

It is very frustrating and I am resetting my expectations.  I no longer have a desire to be helpful.  I no longer want to go out of my way and reply with as much information as possible. And dropping a card or something extra in the mail is not going to occur!  I will keep it short and sweet and get on with my day.  Why bother!??! 

I realize we all are busy, and I am not looking for a huge novel written back to me.  Just a quick two word acknowledgement "Got it".  Or even one word if two are too many, "Thanks".  will suffice.

Is it really that hard to be considerate?   I don't think so.  But maybe my breed is the rare kind that feels these kind of manners are necessary.  With all this technology we have at our fingertips, texting, email, phone are all reasonable ways to communicate.  It is so easy to reach out.  I am not sure why more people don't respond.

1 comment:

  1. How about when you send gifts that go unacknowledged? That is my pet peeve.

    ReplyDelete