Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Too funny not to share!

If I ever need a quick pick-me-up, all I have to do is think back to the events that happened on Friday, May 18th.

I had just taken the full bag of trash out of our kitchen trash can, which by the way, looks exactly like this one pictured on the left, when Ian comes along and throws away a food wrapper. I hadn't had a chance yet to put in a new bag.  Ian realized too late that the wrapper went in an empty can.

I said, "Ian, stay there for a second and you can help me get the wrapper back out."  Ian waited until I came back in the house from taking the trash out.  In a spur-of-a-moment-fun move, I picked Ian up, turned him upside down and lowered him in the trash can, head first, to retrieve the wrapper.  Ian grabbed the wrapper and I began to pull him back out.  Ian was almost completely free of the trash can, when the wrapper fell out of his hands and ended back at the bottom of the can.  I am still holding onto Ian this whole time and feel that I can adequately lower him back in the trash can again, head first.  Ha!  I totally misjudged how much Ian weighs and how heavy he was feeling in my hands.  Yeah, you know where this is going.  I dropped him!  Head first into the trash can.  Only from the knees to his feet were visible.

When I started laughing at what happened, I lost all my strength and couldn't even budge Ian to get him back out.  I was as weak as a wet noodle.  Of course, this made me laugh even harder.  Fortunately, I could hear laughing coming from inside the big metal cylinder and I knew Ian wasn't hurt. 

I had no other option and needed to turn the trash can on its side so Ian could get free.  Once he crawled out, we had another good laugh,  Fortunately, he was able to grab the wrapper with him this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment