Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

My some kind of wonderful.

Sunday was an AWESOME day.  It was Mother's Day and I wasn't disappointed in the least.  We all slept in!  Really, we made it till 7:15am before we waking up.  This is late for my Toppall team and me.  It was so nice to wake-up naturally and not because one of the kids was letting us know it is time to wake-up. I got the best cards and presents from the kids and Jeff.  I will treasure these cards.  Look at how much Sam wrote, all on her own.  Wow!



I lingered in bed and read my book.  I love it when I can do this.  On this particular day, I got to do it guilt-free!  

We sprung Ian from Religious school early and went for brunch at my favorite restaurant, Choices by Shawn.  It was so yummy and a perfect place for me to eat gluten-free.  I woke up in the morning with an idea to go to Great Falls and introduce the kids to one of my most favorite places. They had never been.  It was too gorgeous of a day not to do something outdoors.  The kids loved it and we had a great time doing a small hike and climbing the rocks.  We actually have plans to go back next Sunday with friends.






On the way home we stopped at Starbucks and got the kids Frappacuino's.  I opted to walk back the rest of the way and let Jeff take the kids in the car.  It was a 1.8 mile walk to the house.  I seriously think the weather on Sunday was absolutely perfect.  I could've spent all day outdoors.

By the time I made it back home, Jeff and the kids had washed my car.  What an awesome treat!  Jeff was getting ready to vacuum my car and wipe down all the surfaces inside.  Much needed too! 

We had a little downtime until it was time to make the pizza for Sunday pizza night. The brunch at 11:00am kept us all fill until it was time for dinner. I quickly got the pizza made and we had dinner. After cleaning up, the kids and I danced a few "Just Dance 3" numbers on the wii.  How fun!

It was such a special day and I loved every minute.  The best was pulling the trump card, "It's Mother's Day, I don't want to hear your whining."  Got to love that 24 hour pass.  :)

I feel so fortunate to be surrounded by the 3 people who made it possible for me to be a mom.  There is no other way I'd rather spend the day. Although a nap would've been nice, I do need something to look forward to next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment