Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Shiny, awesome and that wonderful new car smell.

It finally happened!  Jeff got a new car.  It's the 2013 Honda Accord.  Yay!!

As much as it is necessary for me to get a new car (which we will try to get another year out of), Jeff's car was in greater need of a replacement.  His service engine light came on and the repair was going to cost $1,200.  This was very hard to justify fixing when we knew the inevitable was going to happen sooner rather than later in needing a new car.  And we should probably get started on the car payments on one car before having to finance two cars.

In a moment of brilliance, Jeff agreed to let me be the lead negotiator.  We both think I did a fabulous job!  As we were driving out of the dealer (6 HOURS later!), Jeff said, "I am not vomiting over what I just bought.  This is a good sign."

Jeff giving his new car a hug.

The Accord is Jeff's dream car.  I remember when we first met and he told me that he hopes to one day be able to get a Honda Accord.  So incredibly practical of him, right?  This goes to show you how much I love my husband.  Despite both of us thinking that I would've gotten the first new car to come in to our lives, I am so thrilled for him that it worked out like this and he was able to get such an awesome car.  It was nice to see the smile on his face as we were driving off the dealer's lot.

Riding with a smile on his face.

None of this would've been possible without the amazing assistance of Jen and her family.  We originally asked them to watch the kids for 2 hours while we went test driving and exploring our options. Turned out we liked what we saw and got the car.  Over 6 hours later we made it out alive!   Could you imagine if we had Ian and Samantha with us during this experience?  Oh my!  Actually, Sam's screaming and whining might have made the process go faster.

I do have to say this experience was like birth control for me.  I no longer want to repeat this experience any time soon, even if it results in me getting an Acura MDX.  It was exhausting.  Jeff and I went over 6 hours without food!   I am fine driving my 171,000 + mile car and getting behind the wheel of Jeff's new car whenever I can.  I've already programmed my phone with the car's bluetooth.  :)

Jeff kissing his old car good-bye.  Buh-bye Sentra.

1 comment:

  1. It’s evident in Jeff’s smile that he really loves his new car. Well, I can say that the Honda Accord is really an awesome car. It’s easy to handle, has a stylish design, and is quite affordable than other car models. And I think what makes this car more special to your husband is that it was something he has always wanted, and you were able to make it happen.

    Rhonda Burgess @ Bob Dunn Hyundai

    ReplyDelete