Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Ian and email

Ian has reached a new milestone.  He now has an email address all his own.  He had been asking for one for a few months and after weighing the pros and cons, we decided it was ok to let him have it.  A few boys in his class have an email account and that is where he got the idea.

Jeff and I each had written Ian an email.  Mine was submitted literally moments after he walked away from me and the computer with his email/password written down for him to begin using.  I wrote:  "Ian, I wanted to be your very first email.  I love you!  Love, Mom."  Jeff wrote his email the next morning from work.  

Later that day, after dinner, Jeff asks Ian if he got any emails today.  Remember, he knew that both of us had sent him one.  Ian says he only checks email once in the evening.  About 30 minutes later, I get a reply from Ian.  "Sorry Mom. Dad beat you to it.  Ian"  Ian didn't realize that the first email would be on the bottom, not the top one.  I told Ian next time he needs to look at the date/time stamp.  

The first day after his email was set-up, Ian comes home from school with a post-it note.  Two of his friends in his class wrote their email addresses down.  Ian turns on his computer and starts composing an email to his friend.  A minute later, Ian calls for me to help him. He can't find the "Send" button. 

I see what Ian has written:

Michael,

How was school today?

Ian


Me:  Um Ian, Michael is still in the same classroom as you, right?
Ian:  Yes.
Me:  And Ian, Michael still sits right next to you, right?
Ian:  Yes.
Me:  And you were both in school today, right?
Ian:  Yes.
Me:  Ok Ian.  Here is where you can find the "Send" button.

Oh my gosh, how cute is this!?!?  

No comments:

Post a Comment