Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Meet Bailey; Our cream puff of a German Shepherd

So our washer is finally fixed! It was touch and go there for about 24 hours, when Mike came back yesterday to put in the new part and left with the machine humming along nicely. I went to go pick up Ian from preschool and returned to find the same error message (LD) flashing at me. Ugh!

After rescheduling a return visit for earlier today, I got the call from Mike that he was on his way, just as I was heading out the door to go pick up Ian again from preschool. Not wanting to give up our space in line and jeopardize Mike going to someone else's house first, I told him to come to the house and I would leave the door unlocked.

The wash situation was getting out of control as Ian was down to his last pair of clean pajamas and he was starting to freak out. I thought for sure I would end up at the laundromat again tomorrow night. And I had plans to go purchase a new washing machine on Saturday at the first place that promised delivery and installation within 24 hours.

I was pretty confident that Bailey would be okay with Mike letting himself in. He had met him twice before and Mike expressed no fear at what I proposed to him on the phone. I got home 20 minutes later and found that the washer machine was finally fixed! In addition to the part needing to get replaced, there was also some kind of blockage in a tube in the way back of the machine. This was a first for Mike and the tech he consulted with when he reported that I was still getting the error message. Lucky us!

On one hand I am very happy that Bailey didn't eat Mike. I am also happy that we wasted no time in getting the machine fixed. But, it would've been nice to know (in some small way), that I do have a guard dog on my hands if I need it. Whenever a repair or service guy shows up at our house and Bailey greets them at the door, the first thing I get asked is, "Does he bite?". My standard answer is, "Not unless you give him a reason to." But who knows? Maybe even if there was cause, Bailey would still be more intent on bringing the new guy who arrived a toy to play with, rather than cause him any harm. I am thanking my lucky stars that we haven't had to find this out.

1 comment:

  1. Your standard comment is dead-on. YOU NEVER want to tell a stranger that your dog is easy-going and friendly (even if he is). Ya just never know.

    ReplyDelete