Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Mexico bound!

One of the best things about being a part of this wonderful group of friends I have and refer to as, "the girls", is that I've seen all of them meet, date and fall in love with The One. Kristin was the first to get married, Heather followed suit a few years later, then Dustee, I came next and in a couple of days, it will be Jennifer's turn. She always wanted a destination wedding and has picked Puerto Morelos, Mexico as the place to tie the knot.

I will be there. Yes, me! This mommy of two is leaving behind the kids, husband and dog and going to Mexico. I will be gone for 3 full days -- I leave before everyone wakes up on Friday, January 22nd and walk back thru the door after everyone is asleep on Sunday evening, January 24th. Yay! Yippee!!

No diapers to change, No whining to listen to or try to ignore, No diaper bag to lug around, No nap schedule to work around, No meals to cook. I am not sure if the break is so needed because I know one is coming, or if the break is needed because it's been awhile since I've had one. I will savor my time and make each hour count.

The resort the bride and groom picked has an all-inclusive plan and drinks are included. I don't plan to drink so much that I forget how I spent my time away from the family, but I do plan to help the good times along nicely.

I am also excited that my mom and stepfather got invited to the wedding too and will be meeting me there. My mom was my original best friend and you can't help but have a fabulous time when we get together. There are many reasons Jeff isn't coming with me, the foremost being finances. It would've added too much to the bottom line, plus childcare, time off from work, boarding the dog all would've added to the complexity of logistics.

I'm okay with Jeff staying behind and realize that I may even have a better time, as none of the girls who are going are bringing their significant others with them either.

The best part is, I've gotten to know who Jennifer is marrying and I like him, really like him. I think they are a great couple and good for each other. They are one of our favorite couples to hang out with. I am so excited that I will get to see the wedding.

Passport? Check. Plane ticket? Check. Sunscreen? Check. Bathing suit? Check. The idea of being on a plane without two kids related to me? Priceless.

2 comments: