Pages

Saturday, January 2, 2010

My New Year's Resolution Experiment

I have come up with a great idea in my effort to keep one of my New Year's Resolutions: "...continue to do what I can to be a healthier, stronger woman and mother who has the energy to keep up with two of the most highly spirited kids she knows and loves."

Rather than get overwhelmed trying to make all the smart choices at once, I am going to pick a different one each month to focus on and incorporate it into my life. Over the course of the 12 months, these small changes (no matter how subtle they seem) will add up to a whole lot of goodness by the time we ring in 2011.

I am very excited by this idea and can't wait to see how much healthier, stronger I'll feel when the year is over.

At the beginning of each month, I'll announce my next change I am incorporating and give the good, the bad, the ugly details on what the previous month was like.

For January, my change is going to be giving up soda. While I only ever drank diet, it still did nothing to provide any health benefit whatsoever. My new liquids of choice will be water, crystal light (ice tea, lemonade, fruit punch, etc) and flavored waters.

This is going to be fun, and healthy, and easy to do, right? Anyone want to do it with me? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment