Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

"I did it!"

Here is just a little snapshot of what I am going through with Sam.

When Sam wakes up from her nap, I give her a cheese stick and some milk. On Friday afternoon, upon her waking up, I go get her from her crib and say, "Let's go get a cheese stick." She nodded her head in agreement and picked out her own cheese stick to eat.

We go downstairs to hang out with Ian and I open up the cheese stick and have her cup of milk ready. She instantly says no and goes to the closet where the Costco dry goods are kept and opens the door herself. She gets a bag of Welches Fruit Snacks and brings it to me saying, "Open. Open." I told Sam no, I will open her bag of fruit snacks after she eats the cheese stick.

Sam then proceeds to throw a fit, which includes screaming and jumping up & down. In the process, she somehow miraculously tears open the bag of fruit snacks. Her eyes get super big and she says "Whoooooooooaa" upon realizing her good fortune. With a big smile on her face, she exclaims "DID IT!!"

Then, while looking me directly in the eye, she takes one fruit snack, puts it in her mouth and says, "mmmmmmmm, good". Sam then proceeds to continue eating the enitre bag and with each one, looks me in the eye, puts the fruit snack in her mouth and says, "mmmmmm, good".

What a little stinker!

1 comment:

  1. She's willful, alright. Stand your ground and as I like to say, never negotiate with a toddler!!

    ReplyDelete