Pages

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Through the eyes of a 5 year old

I was flipping through the channels yesterday and found the movie "Baby Boom." It was in the middle and I asked Ian if we could leave it on. I was pleasantly surprised that he said yes and we could watch the last 40 minutes of the movie.

Ian was half watching and half talking to me about everything under the sun. The scene where Diane Keaton's character goes back to NY for the meeting about the Food Chain Company wanting to buy her new Country Baby Company comes on. This is a huge, victorious moment for her and she is making the big comeback she dreamed of. She is walking down the long hallway toward the board room and music is playing in the background of the scene. Ian says, "It sounds like sad music. Is this going to be a sad scene?"

I am temporarily overlooking the fact that Ian's assessment of the music was completely wrong. But instead be amazed how Ian picked up on the music and what it might tell the viewer about what they are watching. I don't know if this is typical of five year old's or not, but it was impressive to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment