Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

If only the seatbelt wasn't that necessary. - Annoyance #2

In the 8 years and over 125,000 miles I've had my car, I've always taken it to be serviced at the Honda dealership in the NoVa area. I've never had one complaint and feel like I am well taken care of. They will have my business for as long as I live in the area. This past Saturday, however, had me rethinking my strategy.

I called on a Monday to make an appointment for regularly scheduled maintenance. While getting my requested service day and time for that Saturday, I mentioned to the service rep that my driver's side seatbelt was not clicking easily. You need to slam the seatbelt in to get it to catch. It was getting frustrating every time I got in to drive somewhere and would have to deal with this easily 4 or 5 times a day.

The service guy said they would take a look at it when I brought the car in. Fast forward to Saturday at 10:00am. I pull the car up in the service lane and go to check in. I give my information for the service department to look up my record. Mr. X reads my file and says I am there for the oil change and am having seat belt problems. Without even looking at the seat belt, he instantly tells me that they will have to order the part and it will take 3 or 4 days. WHAT!?!?! I politely respond with, "If you knew I was going to need a new seat belt, why didn't you order the part when I called to make the appointment on Monday?" Mr. X had no response to this. I then asked how long will it take to install, once the part arrives. Mr. X says, "1.5 hours, because they have to take the seat out."

You've got to be kidding me. So now I am waiting 1.5 hours for the oil change (Fine. I was expecting that.), but now I need to come back and find another 1.5 hour block of time to give the car to them for the seat belt to get fixed. Completely ridiculous and very annoying.

I just wished they had the forethought to order the part when I called them on that Monday. I guess I expected more from them.

Stay tuned for annoyance #3 and the biggest one yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment