Pages

Friday, August 13, 2010

Shouting it from the rooftops!!

My great friend Molly finally told me about this amazing Website she had discovered some time ago and uses daily. After reading my blog about "August's New Years Resolution Experiment" and the tracking I set out to do with everything I eat, she casually mentioned it in an email to me.

This website, Myfooddiary.com is UNBELIEVABLE!!! They offer a free 7 day trial and after that it is only $9.00 a month. Beyond keeping track electronically every food you eat, it analyzes it for you and gives you real-time results on the data.

Upon registration, you input your current weight, what your goal weight is and how much you would like to lose per week. As you enter your food during the day, you can find out at any point, how many calories you have left to maintain your weight, lose the amount per week you want or lose the absolute max amount of weight they feel safe for you to lose.

There is also a section for entering activity. From anything like standing still to shopping to running a marathon, you can get credit for and gain more calories to eat in your day.

Here's the part I especially love, as you enter your breakfast, snacks, lunch, whatever, you can view the details and see by color code what is considered very healthy, healthy, unhealthy and very unhealthy. So I am able to tell at a glance if I am getting enough fiber, protein, fat, carbs in my diet. Or, if I am consuming too much sodium, saturated fats, etc and that would be a bad thing. At the end of the day, I am able to see my daily totals and find out if I fell within the recommended ranges for all of the above. Such great reporting!

It is no secret that I love Weight Watchers and believe strongly in the program. But the reason I think I hit a major plateau is because I never knew how much points I should eat for all the exercise I do. I am extremely active and I was afraid to eat as many points as they'd have me. By doing My Food Diary, I take all the guesswork out of it and it becomes more black and white.

This website is changing my life. The data, reports, analysis is helping me reach my goals and become a healthier eatier. It is super easy to use and I can even access it on the go using my blackberry.

Now if only Molly told me about this website sooner. I wonder what else she is keeping from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment