Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

All the news you need to know re: Sam

PRESCHOOL:

The first day in the 2's class was rocky!  But Sam has rebounded nicely and likes it very much.  It is a great group of kids in class with her.  She was a little unsure about me leaving her, but the report from the teacher comes back that this is all for show and once I've left the room, she instantly stops crying and has a great time.  And, I am happy to report that yesterday upon drop-off, Sam gave me a kiss good-bye and then pushed me away.  She was more than ready to start playing and I was only getting in her way.


GETTING INTO THE SWING OF THINGS, MAYBE:

Gymnastics - Circle time and the warm-up exercises are not for her.  But once you get on the real gymnastics equipment, she goes crazy.  The teacher sets up obstacle courses and Sam will run from obstacle to obstacle, only to stand in line and wait till it is her turn.  She loves this class.

Ballet/Tap - Oy!  The first class was a disaster.  If you heard screaming on the morning of Sept. 22nd, it was because we were having a knock-down drag out fight trying to get her dressed in her leotard and tights.  "NO TARD!!!  NO TARD!!!  NOOOOOOOOOOO TAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDD"  Sam would scream over and over again at the top of her lungs.  She ended up going in shorts and a top. We made it to the class and Sam refused to put on her ballet shoes.  Heck, for that matter, she refused to go in the class without me.  The whole morning was a nightmare and I was ready to officially drop her from the class.  I decided I would give it a 2nd try before making that decision final.

A week later I was able to get her leotard and skirt on her, but no tights or ballet shoes.  She wouldn't go in the room without me.  After 20 minutes of me (yes, me!) doing all the ballet and dance moves the teacher was doing and Sam just stood there doing nothing, I was at the end of my rope.  We left the room and I put in a request to drop the class.   Maybe we will try again in Spring.  Maybe never.  :)

But, you have to admit, Sam does look awfully cute in the pieces I did manage to get her to wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment