Pages

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Like peanut butter and jelly

Alright, I am announcing to the world that I am going to stop worrying about Ian fitting in at Kindergarten. Monday's homework assignment was to draw a picture of a new friend at school and write his/her name below the drawing.  Ian instantly picked a boy named Reese to draw.  I was pleased that Ian could come up with someone so quickly that he considered a friend, but I began to worry that this friendship was one sided.  What if Reese didn't feel the same way?  What if Ian was setting himself up for future disappointment if he found this out?  

Ugh, the over-protective mother in me was coming out loud and clear.  I hate being like this.  I just don't want Ian to ever get his feelings hurt.  I know how sweet and sensitive he is. I want him to enjoy going to school and getting to see his fellow classmates.

The next day I was walking Ian to school and the line of kids for the PM kindergarten class had already started.  As Ian was making his way to the back of the line, this little blond-haired boy breaks free from his spot in line and runs up to Ian saying, "I want to move back here and be next to Ian."  Ian replies back, "Hi Reese!!!!"  

So this was the infamous Reese that Ian talks about and drew in his picture for homework.  The friendship was mutual!!  Reese started hugging Ian right there in line and Ian hugged back.  It was very cute. I was so happy to see that they both liked each equally, that I started tearing up and wanted to hug them both.  Of course I managed to restrain myself. 

Yes, I am such a sap.  It has been a long 3 weeks for me since school started.  I know what a fabulous funny, caring, sweet, gregarious little boy Ian is.  I was holding my breath until someone else found this out also.

No comments:

Post a Comment