Pages

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Respect? Not so much.

The other day Sam takes her straw cup (the heavy plastic Munchkin kind) filled with liquid and slams it into my ankle.  The bone-y part of my ankle.  I am not sure if it was done intentionally or may have slipped from her fingers with gravity helping it hit my ankle hard.  Very hard.  Oy!  Did it hurt and boy, did I let out a scream.  Which caused Samantha to get down from the couch and go running. 

I said, "Sam, please say your sorry."

Sam:  "No way."  (We can credit my mom for her teaching her this two word sentence.)

Sam continues running and heads upstairs to her room.  2 minutes later she comes back downstairs and I repeat, "Sam, please say your sorry."

Sam:  "No way." and runs back upstairs to her room.

We repeat this sequence 3 or 4 more times.  Each time I ask her to say she's sorry and each time she replies back with "No way." and runs off.  I finally give up and tend to my ankle, which is swelling up.

Two days later, Ian comes running to me and says, "Sam hurt my feelings."

Me:  "Sam, please say your sorry to your brother for hurting his feelings."

Sam:  "Sorry, Ian.  S o r r y,   Ian"  She made it a point to really emphasize the word 'sorry'.

Ian:  "Now Sammy, say your sorry to Mommy for hurting her ankle."

Sam:  "No way."

Nice, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment