Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Another tale from the Crypt

I got a call in mid-January from The Crazy Man.  It was a Sunday and he tracked me down at the Container Store in Tyson's Corner.  I was actually in their restroom helping Samantha.  With all the urgency of a fire truck responding to a 5 alarm fire, he asked me to research a list of all the Inaugural balls.  He needed this list ASAP.   The Crazy Man gave me a list of 5 states in particular he wanted to know when and where their balls were going to be held.

Once I made it back home (without rushing either!), I easily found a list online and printed it out.  The Crazy Man called me soon after to check on what I found.  I reported specifics on the inaugural balls of particular interest to him.  He sounded a little disappointed none were being held that night.

The one that captured his interest the most was the Black Tie and Boots Ball (hosted by Texas) on Saturday, Jan. 19th.  Tickets were $300 a person, but The Crazy Man had no interest in paying to attend.  He was planning on crashing it.  And he had a date going with him to crash it too.

On Monday morning, when I spoke to The Crazy Man.  My first question to him was, "So, did you get in?"  His response?  "The question isn't did I get in?  The question is, Did I have a good time?"

Oy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment