Pages

Friday, September 20, 2013

Adjusting.

The school year has started off with a bang!  For the most part, all of our scheduled activities have kicked in and are underway.  All we need is for Ian and Sam's religious school on Sunday mornings and Ian's session on Tuesday evenings to begin.

Mondays (school lets out at 1:15pm): 
Sam has swimming from 3:00pm to 3:30pm
Ian has gymnastics from 6:00pm to 8:00pm

Tuesdays: 
Ian has religious school from 4:30pm to 6:15pm

Wednesdays:
Sam and I are in therapy together from 5:00pm to 6:00pm
Ian has gymnastics from 6:00pm to 8:00pm

Sunday:
Sam and Ian have religious school from 9:00am to 12:00pm

It's a good thing that both kids are at the same school for the same hours, because I am busier than a one-armed paper hanger!  My job at the preschool is now fully up to speed. For three of the days during the week, I leave the preschool and go straight to work for The Crazy Man.  I end my time with him at 3:30pm and get the kids from school at 3:45pm. 

I am doing something new this year and walking to get the kids.  I have just enough time to park the car at my house and do the 6 minute walk to the kid's school.  I am really enjoying the few minutes I get to breathe in some fresh air and decompress a bit from my day.  Plus it gives me a few minutes to chat with Ian and Sam on the way back home, about their day and not be distracted with other things.

Some drawbacks to working every single minute the kids are in school?  I'm definitely hitting my limits on what I can remember in my head.  I need to write every thing down.  I have an endless list on the refrigerator of household-type stuff to do.  And I have a notebook for each of the jobs with their list of to-dos.  It's the only thing keeping me sane.  Plus, I am way behind on writing this blog.  I love being able to keep a diary of our lives.  I have a list of about 10 blog entries I want to write and just don't have a spare 10 minutes to do so.  I usually try to catch-up on the weekends, but this past weekend was my trip to Orlando for Lori's baby shower (more on that later) and this coming weekend is another getaway. 

The house being clean has suffered too.  Actually, Jeff has cleaned the bathrooms and done the kids' wash more than I have this past month.  Thanks, honey!  It's hard to see areas I want to "attack" and not have chunks of time to do so.  By the time dinner is done, the dishes are washed and homework has been completed (both kids),  I am done for the day.  No matter how badly I want to write or clean, it just ain't happening.  Waking up at 5:30am (to get to the gym) comes very quickly!  I am proud of myself for not getting too hung up on this, but its still hard to let it go.

I can't complain.  I am enjoying everything I am doing and can't beat the flexibility.  When the kids are off from school, so am I.  I don't have to worry about after-school childcare or what happens when they get sick.  I can still be there for them and bring in a little money.  Not a bad combo.  And I've built in my schedule an hour or so on Fridays that I can meet friends for lunch.  Or you know, surprise the kids at school during their lunch. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment