Pages

Friday, September 6, 2013

Summer 2013


One of the many places the kids have been this Summer.
Whirlwindesque.  I am not sure if this a word or not, but I find it best describes our summer.  The past 3 months have been a blur.  The kids and I were on the go and managed to do a little bit of everything. 

It's funny, at the end of the school year this past June, I was very much looking forward to Summer so that we could have some downtime, lazy Summer days and take it easy.  RELAXING was going to be priority number one!   Ha!  Summer started off with a bang and before I knew it, I was longing for the start of school to slow things down a bit.





 
JUNE:
Week at the beach with friends (Emerald Isle, NC)

JULY:
Two days in Cherry Hill, NJ visiting relatives and going to the Phillies/Nationals game.
Kids at Jeff's parents for 3 days.
Girls Weekend for Robyn in Solomon's Island.
10 days in Orlando for the kids.  3 days in Annapolis with Jeff.

AUGUST:
Sleepaway camp for Ian
Three days in Philadelphia with friends.
Mom and Jim visit for 10 days.

And in the weeks the kids were at home, I had them at various camps and we made it to our pool more than I thought we would. Additionally, Jeff did several business trips to Pennsylvania for work.  And I worked my two part-time jobs, which has now successfully turned into 3 part-time jobs (the crazy guy, billing for my friend, and the admin preschool job).

I feel like we got the most bang for our buck every single day.  When we do have that rare day with nothing planned, it's nice to stay home and veg.  Summer 2013.  Been there, done that.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment