Pages

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

It doesn't get better than this.

Each time I visit my family in Orlando, I get a nagging thought in my head that maybe I should've moved back to my hometown after college.  I am super close with both parents and siblings.  It's hard only seeing them around 4 times a year. 

When we are together, it's like all the pieces of a puzzle are back in place.  At the core of it, we love to spend time together.  We really do love each other's company.  I am so blessed to have these wonderful people as my family.  We have a great time and the laughter, teasing, and reminiscing is usually non-stop.  We are there for each other and look out for each other.  In times of need, we can count on each other - no matter what the distance.

Me and my two sisters. I am not only the oldest, but also the shortest.  :)

Even with my parents divorced and each remarried, we still get together as group.  It is pretty spectacular to fly into town and have your stepmother plan for us to all have dinner together on a Friday night, even though we will all be seeing each other again the next night at Lori's house.  And of course again, at the baby shower on Sunday.

I got to spend a great afternoon with my dad on Friday. He picked me up at the airport and then we ran errands together.  It was very ordinary, but so special getting to go around with him.  Just like old times.  And on Saturday, my sister Meghan and I spent  few hours pool side and then headed to the movies with Lori and Rita.  What a great way to pass the time.

If I had moved back, I know that I wouldn't have met Jeff or had the kids I have now, so I am grateful that I did stay up in this area.  I guess this means I just need to plan more trips down to Florida to see everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment