Pages

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Oh Baby!

When I got married, I wanted everyone I knew to get married and experience this awesome kind of love.  Then when I had a baby, I wanted everyone I knew to have a baby and experience this amazing kind of love.

It is happening!  My sister Lori is due to give birth to a little girl on November 4th.  I could not wait to throw her a baby shower. What a great reason to have a party.  Lori's 4 close friends wanted to help and along with my other sister, Meghan (6 of us total!  Oh my!) we hosted a wonderful celebration for Lori and her condition.  :)  It was simply perfect.

We held the shower at an Italian restaurant in the Orlando area. The restaurant is normally closed for lunch on Saturday and Sundays, but they opened special for us.  Our group of women fit perfectly in their screened-in (air conditioned!) patio.  We chose a "Onesie" theme and carried it through everything you could imagine. The colors were pink and brown.  It was adorable, if I do say so myself.

Banner that said "Baby Wronsky"




Cake - looked just like the invitation.

We had a clothesline with onesies hanging.  A few of the onesies said: 
"Mom thinks she's In charge.  That's so cute."
"Watch out Daddy, Mommy has a new shopping buddy."
"My daddy can play the guitar better than yours."
"BYOB.  Party at my crib 2:00am"

We had paper in the shape of onesies to write advice to Lori
on having a baby.  We put it in a binder and presented it to her.

Place setting at the table.

The room all set-up.

All 6 of us who hosted.

Decorated cookie to give as favor to our guests.

The guest of honor entering the room.

Mom, Lori, me, Meghan, Rita.



Ben (future daddy) stops by at the end to say hello.

I loved how it turned out.  Lori did too!  I am anxiously awaiting the next 6 weeks when we get to meet the newest member of the family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment