Pages

Monday, September 2, 2013

Grandparents are the best thing ever. Like EVER!

My mom and Jim flew in a week ago Thursday and left to return home yesterday morning.  Yes, that's right.  10 days of having a set of grandparents under one roof.   It was beyond amazing having them so close for so long. 

When I found out the new preschool job I accepted started the week before my kids started school, I knew I'd need some help.  Unfortunately camps aren't available this late in August and I really didn't want to hire a sitter for the whole week.  My mom and Jim graciously offered to come and help me.  And boy did they!  I was living the high life for 10 days.  It was wonderful getting to work my 3 jobs and check in with Mom, Jim and the kids when I was able.  In addition, Jeff and I got a date night.  And, the kids had a blast.  Mom and Jim kept them very busy and very entertained. 

Walking in one afternoon and finding everyone playing monopoly. 
I know there are cultures out there where it is common to have the grandparents, parents and children all live in the same house.  Boy do I understand why that would be a good thing.  I am envious and ready to convert.  Sign me up.  Although, we could probably use an extra bedroom.  I don't think Mom and Jim would appreciate sleeping on an aero bed permanently. 

My sister is having a baby in early November.  I may have a difficult time getting my mom to come back for such an extended visit once the baby arrives. I got lucky my job started when it did. However, my sister is the lucky one to live in the same city as mom and Jim.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment