Pages

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Breaking News!

I'd like to interrupt the regularly scheduled post for today and announce my really cool, fabulous news.  I AM GOING TO ISRAEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I got picked.  Me!  Woo-hoo!!!  11 days in Israel, here I come!!  From June 28th to July 9th, I will be one with my people.  I will be absorbing the culture, eating the food, seeing the sights, and getting in touch with my identity.  I am so flippin excited!!!  I am going ride a camel!  Kayak on the Jordan River, swim in the Dead Sea, take a tunnel tour of the Wester Wall and so much more.

It still feels like a dream that I haven't woken up from yet.  I can't believe this is happening.  There are 14 others that got picked from the Washington, D.C. area.  Together with the other JWRP (Jewish Women's Renaissance Program) groups from around the world, we will make up 150-200 women all traveling to Israel. 

It is strange to think that while Ian is away at sleepaway camp, I'll be halfway around the world.  I am certainly not going to be able to obsess over his absence like I did last Summer.  I am not going to be able to scour the camp website for daily pictures posted of him. And I won't be able to send him emails to receive each morning.  I will have my own thing going on and probably not even know what time or day of the week it is back home.  Ok, let's get real people!  Who am I kidding?  I will have an email each morning on a time-delayed release to go to Ian.  And of course, I will have the dual-timezone clock app on my phone alerting me to exact minute it is in Virginia and Massachusetts.  Just because I am halfway around the world, doesn't mean I stop being a mom.  :)

Our Summer is starting off with a bang! 

No comments:

Post a Comment