Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Spring Training

This is a first.  Jeff in Orlando. Without me.  In the 10+ years we've been together, Jeff has never gone down to Florida without me.  It feels so weird to have him down there and me in Burke. 

Jeff and Ian came up with the idea to head South and catch some of the Spring Training baseball games.  They've been planning the trip since before the Spring Training schedule was even available.  From Thursday evening to Monday evening, Jeff and Ian had a fantastic boys weekend planned.  Not only did they see three baseball games in three days, but they got to spend a wonderful amount of time with my dad, Rita, mom, Jim, Lori, Ben and Rachel. 

My mom ended up in the hospital shortly before their visit started.  I was so grateful that Jeff and Ian could visit mom and see her multiple times throughout their time in Orlando.

The boys had an amazing trip!  I am sure now that my secret is out (visiting my family is the best thing ever) I will no longer be going as much as I had on my own.  There will be some stiff competition for long weekend trips to Orlando.  Especially when you are experiencing 80 degree weather and come back to 7+ inches of snow freshly falling.

We got lucky with the scheduling as Ian was originally going to miss 2 days of school (Friday and Monday) but because of the snow, school was cancelled (yet again!) on Monday, March 17th.  Ian ended up only missing 1 school day and didn't even miss gymnastics.  Monday was St. Patrick's day.  It was the luck of the Irish!

As Jeff was unpacking he said these were 3 of the best days of his life. He loved getting to have this time with Ian and create these memories. I know it was pretty special for Ian too. 





Ian getting tackled by Orbit, the Astro's mascot




No comments:

Post a Comment