Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The Saturday we rocked!

It was like the clock had stopped moving.  On this most recent Saturday morning, my Toppall team and I got a ridiculously large amount of stuff done before 9:00am.  It's not unusual for us to be early-risers, really early-risers; it is unusual however for us all to be motivated and work together towards a common goal.  Usually it's me or Jeff that is eager to get going on the to-do list; generally it doesn't happen to us at the same time.  And for the kids to be equally motivated to want to help, is quite phenomenal.  All of four us together accomplishing our to-do list is amazing.  I don't think this has ever happened before, not to this extent I know that.

The morning started off with Jeff at Wegman's at 6:15am.  Fortunately I had the shopping list done the night before and he could go as early as the store would allow him to show up. Sam spent the time with Jeff gone yelling at me and acting up.  She was going off about something or other.  Honestly, I do my best to difuse the situation and hope she calms down quickly.  I knew once Jeff came back she would be fine again.  In hindsight, he should've just taken her with him grocery shopping.

From the moment Jeff walked back in the door and put away the groceries, we all pitched in and got moving.  From five loads of wash clean and put away, to the bathrooms being scrubbed, to the floors getting vacuumed, to both kids getting showers, to beds getting made, and the pool membership application getting filled out, we moved swiftly and efficiently. Within 2 hours, the whole house was clean. Everything was done by 9:00am!!  It was pretty sweet! 

Ian and I met some friends at Wildfire for lunch and did a little shopping at Tyson's.  Gosh I love that restaurant.  Jeff and Sam walked to Coldstone for ice cream.  Later in the afternoon, Jeff played catch with the kids (It was GORGEOUS outside!!) and I went for an hour walk.  I made my chicken meatballs and spaghetti for dinner which everyone loves.  What a great day!

I loved that the kids wanted to help.  They are doing a great job with the cleaning.  I hope we can have more Saturdays like this.  Go Team Toppall!

No comments:

Post a Comment