Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

24 Hours.

Yes, you saw correctly; that person waiting at Dulles Airport on Tuesday night, for a flight that started after her bedtime (10:00pm -- who knew they even had departure times that late into the night!?!?!), without a diaper bag hanging from her shoulder, or two sweet rugrats clinging to her hips and trying to maneuver a stroller was me. Yes, me!!

That woman, who was using a stylish handbag and only ONE small suitcase (as carry-on no less!!) was me. Yes, me!! I know, it was hard to believe. I am sure to all who knows me, if I had been spotted at the terminal, this late in the day, without kids, they probably thought I was running away. Ha!

I felt like I was on a mysterious, undercover mission. Being gone for exactly 24 hours. My departure flight left Dulles at 10:00pm and my return flight landed exactly 24 hours later at 10:00pm on Wednesday.

However, I had a purpose to my trip. I was going to see my little sister graduate high school. It is a very exciting time for her and I wanted to be there cheering her on. Major bonus that the graduation was not being held outside. The school was smart and holding the ceremony at the Amway Center. Yay for air conditioning! Now this was a graduation ceremony I could happily sit through.

I had briefly thought about taking the kids with me, but that second passed and I came to my senses. We will be flying with them again in November for Thanksgiving and that is already 6 months too soon. :)

So, thanks to my darling husband, I took off in the friendly skies and made my way solo for 24 hours. The toughest part of the trip was boarding the flight to Orlando and not getting on one headed for Australia.

Congratulations Meghan!! We are all very proud of you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment