Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

And away I go - continued

Saturday and Sunday made up for the atrocious trip to get to Martha's Vineyard. The weather was beautiful; in the 70's and no humidity. Too cold to go to the beach, but very nice for walking around the island, sightseeing and shopping. With my birthday coming up in 2 days, every time I looked at something, my mom quickly said, "let me get this for you for your birthday." I made out like a bandit and now have planned to be around her every year near my birthday. :) I had no plans for her to treat me as much as she did, but I'd go up to the counter and she would've already slipped her credit card and paid for it. Got to love it.

Erik's wedding was beautiful. The ceremony was at the beach and the reception was up the road at this very cool house they were staying at. They had a tent set up outside and big, lantern lights hung from the ceiling of the tent illuminating it. Very cool and incredibly gorgeous. The wedding was intended for immediate family and very close friends; there was about 50 guests. It was low key, simple, and very special. The highlight was the best man's speech. The best man, Noah, gave a speech that was hilarious. In fact, at the end of it he got a standing ovation from everyone. When have you ever seen that happen? Tears were rolling down our faces from laughing so hard. At the end of the day, I was happy to have been a part of it. I really am a romantic and love weddings!

More than attending the wedding, I absolutely love being around my relatives. My aunt, uncle, and cousins are some of the coolest people and so much fun to be around. It is one laugh after another, even more so during some of the more traumatic traveling moments. We had a great time.

Our ferry to go back leaves at 11:05am this morning. We are doing the reverse trip back home, but all in the same day. Ferry to Rhode Island, Rhode Island to Cherry Hill, NJ, Cherry Hill to Burke, VA. It is going to be a long day.

Jeff's car is at the mechanic my aunt and uncle use. We dropped it off on Thursday night as soon as we got to Cherry Hill. I found out it needs a new compressor to get the AC fixed. The mechanic was not sure he'd be able to get the part in by the time we need to pick up the car on Monday. Jeff has said he'd be okay with my mom and I staying another day to wait for the car to get fixed, but I can't see myself doing that to Jeff and the kids. I already feel bad being gone as long as I have. I will find out at approx. 9:00am if the part is available. I need air! In fact, I am known by some friends as getting in the car when someone else is behind the wheel and saying, "Air. Me. Now."

My mom got Dramamine for the ferry ride back. Hopefully this will start the journey back on the right foot. Jeff has had a heckuva time back at home with Samantha. She didn't get one full night of sleep and her naps were inconsistent at best. I know he was put through the ringer and still counting down the hours until I return. I know the minute I walk through the door, I'll be put on the midnight shift (and the 1:00am, 2:00am, 3:00am shifts too!). It's a good thing I miss her. It's another good thing she is so darn cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment