Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

All plugged in!

I have a lot of things that needs to be plugged in and charged. Here's my list of items that require a charge until the battery runs out and then needs to be recharged:

Cell phone
iTouch (x2) - each kid has one
iPod
Garmin Forerunner - I use this for running
Digital camera
Kindle

Plugs today have gotten bigger and bulkier. They no longer contain a small two- or three-prong plug. These days, there is a huge box at the end of the cord. Not sure why it is needed, but most of the electronics seem to have them. Makes it very hard to use a classic type surge protector. One plug could easily take up 2 or 3 outlets. Oy! At home I'd have to divide and conquer, using various outlets in different rooms to fit all the cords of things that needed to be charged.

Then I took a trip at the end of June to Martha's Vineyard and discovered something that I didn't know existed. In our hotel room was the ROUND surge protector!


Oh, how life has become simplified and easier. I have revolutionized the way I give our electronics a charge and created The Charging Station. The Charging Station is located in our living room, nicely hidden on an end table that is in between the sofa and oversized chair, tucked away in the corner. The lower shelf holds the round surge protector and the top shelf has the end of the plugs and any electronics that need to be charged. It is genius, if I do say so myself! I've got 6 cords plugged in all the time. I can charge everything at the same time, in one place. The only thing that needs to get switched out are the iTouches, because they use the same cable. 

Now I just need to hope I don't blow an electrical circuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment