Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

This little piggy got some polish!

Two nights ago, we were all sitting on the couch watching tv, counting down the minutes till bedtime.  Sam looked at me and said, "Pedicure me."  I couldn't refuse her request and promptly got out a bottle of nail polish and painted her toenails.  This was a first for us.  Sam and Ian had done pretend pedicures in the past and Ian would "paint" Sam's toenails with a variety of crayons that Sam had picked out.  But when Sam looked at me and asked for a pedicure, I went for it. It was the real deal and I painted her toenails a very nice shade of hot pink.

When I was done, I had to explain to Sam she couldn't move her feet and needed to give them a couple minutes to dry.  Together we blew on her little toes to help the drying process go faster.  Sam took one look at her feet and said, "Soooooo pretty.  Soooooo pretty." 

It is no secret that I can't wait to take Sam with me for regular pedicures.  I think 2 years old is too young, but will probably take her on her 4th birthday as a special treat.  This is not something I ever did with my mom, but it is something I'd like to with my little girl.  What a better time to bond than while getting our feet pampered?  This is what makes having a girl special.  Ok, just one of many reasons. 

1 comment:

  1. something i'll never experience having 2 boys...but i definitely LOVE spoiling my nieces with pedis!!!!

    ReplyDelete