Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The reincarnation of Thomas Jefferson

Allow me a little flight of fantasy with this blog entry. When Jeff and I visited Monticello and toured Thomas Jefferson's home, I felt this weird connection to Jefferson. I am not big into history and really didn't know anything about Thomas Jefferson, other than he was our 3rd President of the United States. I can't really explain it, but after listening to the tour guide do his thing, I've come to the conclusion that Ian was Thomas Jefferson in a past life.

Yes, I know this is kooky. But hear me out; I have a lot of supporting evidence.


1. Jefferson was obsessed with time. He had clocks everywhere in his house. When he'd wake up in the morning, the first thing he saw on the wall, was a clock. When you walked into the foyer of his house, he invented/designed a clock that also kept track of the days of the week.

Um, hello?!?! Have you met Ian? He is obsessed with time.


2. Jefferson would keep track of the temperature and log the high & low temps each day.

Ian reports on what the weather forecast is and will be in the coming days. He has been doing this since he could talk at age 2.


3. Jefferson made french fries and mac & cheese popular in the United States. He brought these culinary delights over from Europe.

Yes, you guessed it...Ian LOVES french fries!


4. In the Declaration of Independence, Jefferson wrote, "...all men are created equal".

Ian is one of the most fair-minded people I know. No matter what he is doing with his friends or sister, he makes sure it is done in the most fair manner for everyone.


5. Thomas Jefferson was very energetic. He had a lot going on all the time.

Ian is a non-stop body of motion.


6. Jefferson had a desire to see what was on the West Coast and sent Lewis & Clark on their famous expedition to explore.

Ian is dying to go to California (ok, so its to be a contestant on Wipe Out, but still, take this leap of faith with me!).


7. Jefferson had all these wonderful ideas he put into action. He was brilliant and really ahead of his time.

Ian has short-term plans, long-term plans, and ideas up the wazoo with things he is going to do, when he will do it, and with who he will include. Right now, Ian is limited by his age and ability to go places without me. But just wait, if his current level of thinking continues, we will see many great things come from Ian too.


8. Jefferson was best friends with James Madison. He designed a bedroom for him and his wife Dolly to stay at Monticello. They came to visit many times. Jefferson recommended Madison be made the 4th President of the United States.

Ian values his friendships very much and has a deep loyalty to his friends too.


9. When all the books in the White House burned down in 1812, Jefferson gave his personal library of over 3,000 books to Congress for a fair price. In turn, this started the Library of Congress.

I could totally see Ian doing something like this. He is so generous and would think nothing to help another person out if he has the means to.


So there you have it. Call me crazy, but who knows, maybe I have another Thomas Jefferson in our midst. I wonder if Jefferson's mother saw the potential I see when she looked at her son at age 5.

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. yep so great i love reading anti-vac bull crap

      Delete
  2. How do you actually believe this your son is not thomas jefferson stop telling him crap

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe that this is worse than the holocaust. This has absolutely no point like my pencil d*ck. I absolutely hate this work of art, but you took you time I respect that. Sincerely From the Obama federation

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please go to the doctor get your brain checked out i think there's somethin going on there like dude are you insane

    ReplyDelete