Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

BREAKING NEWS: Milestone alert - 1st Haircut

I waited as long as I could.  We were one day shy of making it a whole 3 years.  But Sam not letting us brush or comb her hair was a big problem.  A rats nest was brewing in the back of her head and I feared birds were going to start calling it home.   Also, it appeared dreadlocks were well on their way to forming.

Jeff asked me yet again last Sunday morning if I had plans to get it cut anytime soon and I finally caved and said, yes, let's do it today.  I told Jeff I wanted as much help as possible and would require his assistance.  We weren't sure how Sam would react and knowing her, anything was possible.  She saw Ian get his haircut many, many times over the years, but her actually being in the chair was a different story.

We were prepared for the worst and other than Sam refusing to wear the cape, it went much better than expected.  I didn't realize I was holding my breath through the whole haircut until it was over and we were able to leave.  I guess I kept expecting Sam to have "had enough" and not care if the hairdresser was able to finish.  But fortunately Sam kept it together and let the whole experience happen without major interference.


THE BEFORE:


Big-time unruly mess going on back here.



Wow, look how long it is!!


DURING:

What a good girl. 


AFTER:


Here's the side
Here's the back

Here's the front
I am loving her haircut.  The style is easy to take care of, and the potential rats nest that can start brewing again has much less territory to take over.  This is a good thing.  A very good thing.

1 comment: