Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2011

THE Plan

I've got lots and lots of plans in action...my training plan on running the marathon, my plan on what the kids will do to keep busy and entertained the majority of the summer, and my plan on how I will celebrate my 40th birthday (Vegas, baby!).  But, the plan I am most anticipating and has me counting down is THE Plan that has my mom and stepfather coming to take my kids back to Florida for a nice, fun trip.

In just 36 days, Mom-mom and Pop-pop Jim will be driving with Ian and Sam from my house (No.Va.) to their house (Orlando).  I know, I know...crazy, right?  Especially given that my mom has HEARD Sam at her worst probably 4 mornings out of 7 for the past several months. And, not to mention that my mom has SEEN Sam at her worst when she was up here for last visit in February.  And, she still wants to take her for an extended amount of time.  That's why I call her SUPER Mom-Mom!

The break is so incredibly needed.  I love my little girl to pieces, but each day I think about how I am not going to survive and then I remember, yeah, I can make it another "X" days until my mom comes to collect the kids.  I know Sam will be in good hands.  And hopefully my mom will have an amazing effect on Sam and turn her around a bit.  I can dream, right?

I would love for things to go so smoothly that my mom wants to do this each and every summer.  How nice it would be to know that my job description is now coming with vacation time.  Again, I can dream, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment