Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Heard and Observed XXIV

I picked Ian up from school.  Today was a "long" day -- all of 3 hours, 20 minutes.  Ian was in preschool last year longer than he is this year being in kindergarten.

Ian:  Being in school is really taking up too much of my day.  I can't wait to get this off my plate.

**************************************************************************

It's time for Sam's bath and Jeff is filling up the tub.  Sam is pulling every stalling tactic she can think of to delay getting in. 

Sam:  Wait, wait, I need to calm down. 

Then she proceeds to make herself upset, so that yes, she can calm down.

******************************************************************************

Ian and I are driving in the car one morning and he hears on the radio some commercial about painting.

Ian:  Free paint samples? Really?  I'd love that!

Me:  What would you do with paint?

Ian:  I'd make my room into a Star Wars theme.

Me:   Really?  I love how your room is painted now.

Ian:  Mom, Planes, Trains and Cars is soooo 2 years ago.

*****************************************************************************

At Ian's soccer game on Saturday:  Every time the other team scored a goal against them, Ian went up to the child who got the goal and said with arm stretched out, "The Force is not with you."  And then he continued playing the game.

******************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment